Monday 29 June 2015

Preliminary Task Changes

I was forced to change my preliminary task as the other members of my group didn't get back into Sixth Form. As a result of this, I had to do a different video to what I had planned. I found this quite difficult given the fact that I had an extremely small amount of time in comparison to my Lil Wayne and Eminem video. As a result of the time constraints, I did not have enough time to construct a storyboard or a shot-by-shot, instead I decided I would have to simply observe the video.


I found a relatively simple music video opening in The Weeknd's "Can't Feel My Face" which can be viewed above. I filmed this in a green screen room. Here is a recce shot of the green screen room:

Recce shot of the green screen room.
My new props list was as follows:

- Green screen
- Light
- Lyrics sheet
- Tripod
- Video Camera
- Microphone Stand
- Microphone

As I was forced to do a separate idea from what I planned, the lyrics also changed:

And I know she'll be the death of me, at least we'll both be numb
And she'll always get the best of me, the worst is yet to come
But at least we'll both be beautiful and stay forever young
This I know, (yeah) this I know

She told me, "Don't worry about it"
She told me, "Don't worry no more"
We both knew we can't go without it
She told me you'll never be in love oh oh oooh