Tuesday 9 June 2015

What Makes A Good Music Video? - Homework

As homework, due next lesson, I was asked to find what I thought was a good music video. I decided to look through my iTunes library and YouTube later on in the day to find a successful music video which I personally enjoyed watching.

Big Sean - Blessings ft. Drake, Kanye West:

This was a good video to highlight because it used a filter on the music video. The video uses fast cuts and a green screen. The video uses a monotone palette which means that it's very simple and easy on the eye. Furthermore, the video uses iconography through a confessional as mentioned in the lyrics which makes the viewer understand the video and song more. Other iconography includes the stairway, which is a stairway to heaven; Kanye West is a self-proclaimed "God", and also at the top of the rap game.