Thursday 24 September 2015

Buried Alive Lip-Sync Practise

Today I decided to attempt to lip-sync some of the lyrics in Logic's "Buried Alive." To do this I researched the lyrics for the song on the internet, I found a script on the lyric website "Genuis" and then printed off myself a copy of them so that I could begin memorising them. From previous experiences with tasks like the 'Banana Phone Task' (where lip-sycning wasn't so successful), I knew that it's key to know the lyrics of the song for a successful lip-sync to happen.

The printed copies of the script can be seen below:


I then decided to lip-sync the song for the first couple of times ever. I set up the HD video camera in the green screen room in my school's media department, turned the display toward me so that I knew that the camera was focused on me, and proceeded to film myself. I used a mobile phone to play the song while I attempted to lip-sync the lyrics that I had printed off for myself earlier. I then compiled all of the footage onto a computer and scoured the footage for the best take. I found the take which I thought was the most successful and then placed the footage into Adobe Premiere.

In Premiere I decided to present my practise in the form of a short video which can be seen below:


I feel as if conducting practise early on will really help me when filming the actual music video as I will know the words much better and I will be able to do more takes in less time due to a better ability to lip-sync the song.