Thursday 8 October 2015

Robbie Williams' "Let Me Entertain You" Edit



After editing this music video, I learnt several things which I feel that I can use positively for my actual music video:
  • I realised that fast cuts on parts of a track with many layers on it works positively for the viewing experience. With this in mind, I will use a large amount of cuts, when textually the track gets more layered.
  • I gained further understanding on the importance of the lip syncing in a music video. Sometimes, if the lip-syncing was off or there was missing footage, it would work positively to use the performers' actions which fitted the lyrics.
  • I realised that it would always be a good idea to alternate the camera angles to keep the audience interested.
  • I came to the realisation that it would be a good idea to spread out some of the clever and more-original editing techniques throughout the video at appropriate points such as beat changes or appropriate lyrics which the video could illustrate.